For Release June 20, 2018
Over the past 4 months, International Speaker & Storyteller Cameron Brown, has secretly worked with more than 80 strangers from 40 countries around the world, creating the video ‘There Is Still Time’.
For Cameron’s part in the video, a grand piano was transported to the Garden of the Gods in Colorado at sunrise, making for an incredible filming location.
You can view the official press photos from the shoot here.
The purpose is to inspire change in the world, to show that despite our differences, we are stronger together, and to demonstrate that technology when used purposefully, can speed up and magnify our creativity, innovation and impact in the world.
The song was written by Cameron while traveling the world and includes participants from countries across the globe: Jordan, Macedonia, Uganda, Japan, USA, Venezuela and 34 others.
Here is a 35 second preview of the video:
To show the power that technology has to magnify the positive impact we can make, every relationship was built through digital technology… Cameron has never met any of the participants in person and before this project, they never knew each other even existed.
The song was performed by Cameron live on a grand piano on May 26 at Italy’s largest TEDx event during his closing talk on ‘The Surprising Power of Curiosity’, while the video played on the big screen.
The release date of ‘There Is Still Time’ is Wednesday June 20, 2018 at 9am New York | 2pm London | 11pm Sydney, and will be officially released on the Cameron Brown Facebook Page.
The Overarching Message: There Is Still Time | #thereisstilltime
5 Key Discussion Points:
- Hope: There is still time; there are still things that we can do to change the world
- Responsibility: We must overcome our own internal limits and take responsibility for our actions
- Diversity: Despite our differences, we are stronger together
- Creativity: We must be creative when it comes to solutions to our world’s greatest challenges
- Technology: We can use technology to speed up and magnify our creativity, innovation and impact
Summary Of The Project:
- More than 80 people from 40 countries participated over 4 months; from Jordan to Macedonia, Uganda to Japan
- Song written by Cameron Brown on a grand piano while traveling the world
- Cameron was filmed on a grand piano at Garden of the Gods, Colorado for his part in the video
- All relationships were built through digital technology
- Cameron has never met any of the participants in person and before this project, they never knew each other even existed
- The song was performed live with music video during the closing talk delivered by Cameron at the largest TEDx in Italy on how curiosity is the gateway to creativity & innovation, and that when combined with technology, can be a powerful tool for change in the world.
- 1,000 trees donated to offset emissions from the project
- The hashtag #thereisstilltime has been created for people to use when sharing a photo or video on social media of something they are doing to help make our world a better place
Cameron is available for media interviews in person (select cities in North America), and globally by phone, Skype and video conference. For requests, please call Cameron direct on +1 310 721 6243 or email email@example.com